Reynolds American Inc. (RAI) 2020 Operations Global Graduate Management Trainee in Winston Salem, North Carolina
2020 Operations Global Graduate Management Trainee
Start apply with LinkedIn
Date: Mar 23, 2020
Location: Winston Salem, NC, US
Company: British American Tobacco
Job Number: 24867
Reynolds American Incorporated is positively transforming the tobacco industry. We’re a family of companies that strives for success in everything we do. The future inspires us because our people are igniting the breakthroughs that are redefining the ways adult tobacco consumers enjoy tobacco in the 21st century.
When other companies talk about growth, they only talk about size. At Reynolds American, we focus on the growth of our people. We take pride in each other’s growth and well-being throughout our careers. We invest in your career and total well-being because we know our companies succeed when our people thrive.
ABOUT OUR ORGANIZATION:
Reynolds American Inc. is an indirect, wholly owned subsidiary of British American Tobacco p.l.c., and the U.S. parent company of R. J. Reynolds Tobacco Company; Santa Fe Natural Tobacco Company, Inc.; American Snuff Company, LLC; Niconovum USA, Inc.; Niconovum AB; R. J. Reynolds Vapor Company; Lorillard Licensing Company, LLC; and Reynolds Brands, Inc.. This position is with R.J. Reynolds Tobacco Company (2004) .
Here, you’ll have the opportunity to work on iconic brands and revolutionary products by collaborating with visionary, principled and passionate people every day.
FAST-TRACK YOUR CAREER, GLOBALLY
Reynolds American, Inc. (RAI), part of British American Tobacco (BAT), is a world-leading manufacturer that’s transforming the tobacco industry through innovation. Every day, our people, workplaces and brands set us apart as we create a future that redefines the ways adult tobacco consumers enjoy tobacco in the 21st century. Our portfolio of brands includes Newport, Camel, Grizzly and Vuse.
What is the Global Graduate Program (GGP)?
Our Global Graduate Program (GGP) is an entry-level opportunity designed for recent graduates who want to fast-track their career, globally. BAT is a market leader in over 55 countries with over 55,000 employees. The GGP prepares you for a management role within one year, with international career opportunities across BAT’s footprint.
Successful Global Graduates are:
• Bold and creative thinkers who thrive in collaborative environments
• Committed to making an impact and driving results
• Eager to embrace change in a fast-paced environment
• Bachelor’s degree in Supply Chain, Logistics, Business, or a STEM related field
• 0-3 years of experience in Operations or a related field; preferred Operational internship experience
• Global mobility
• High academic performance
• Demonstrated leadership skills
• Strong business acumen and a strategic mindset
• Intellectual curiosity and ambition
• Engaged and energized with ability to present views and opinions with involvement across all levels of the organization
• Strong analytical skills with a view toward future trends and data analytics
• Ability to grow into a broad leadership role beyond a functional position
The GGP offers:
• Fast-track career progression
• Intensive, hands-on training and support
•Year-long foundation-building program, in which you’ll:
Understand our consumers and our competitors
Get hands-on experience in our retail environment
Engage in an experiential journey to fully understand our business
• On-the-job training in a role making an impact from day one
• Global Graduates participate in a 2-week intensive learning and networking experience in the UK, the Global Graduate Academy, during which you’ll develop an understanding of our global business strategy
• Global Graduates are assigned a mentor to support learning and development through continuous feedback, coaching and evaluation.
Become a Global Graduate in Operations
As a Global Graduate in Operations, you’ll gain hands on experience across various areas in Operations and achieve insight about the end to end intricacies of the business. Through guided training and development plans, consistent support from mentors, and exposure to multiple functional areas you will have the opportunity to learn about the company’s strategic focus and grow your skills to ensure your contribution has an impact on business results. Throughout the year you will have the opportunity to rotate through at least two roles within the following areas of Operations:
• Manufacturing – Production, Engineering, Process Control
• Procurement – Direct Materials, Vapor Materials
• Operations Services – Supply Chain, Logistics, Brand Planning
• Operations Excellence – Quality, Environmental Health & Safety
Depending on role assignment, responsibilities may include but are not limited to the following:
• Support the development of strategic objectives and implementation of key operations initiatives
• Challenge existing processes and deliver continuous improvement
• Evaluate and analyze data to understand current status and drive change
• Be a champion of change
Beyond the world-class learning and development opportunities the GGP provides, we also offer:
• Generous salary and paid vacation
• Bonus incentives for all employees
• 401(k) savings plan. We contribute 3% regardless of whether you participate, and on top of that, we match your contribution at 100% up to 6%.
• Flexible hours and remote work options
• Best-in-class parental leave plan offering 16 weeks of paid leave for Moms and Dads and up to 8 months of a reduced work schedule
• Peer-to-peer recognition
• Free personal financial counseling
• High-quality medical, dental, vision, and disability care at affordable rates
• On-site health & fitness centers
• Robust training and professional development programs
• Matching grants program to charitable organizations, matching employee contributions up to $7,000 annually
• Tuition reimbursement of up to 85% for employees who wish to pursue their formal education
• Discounts on technology, wireless plans, automobiles, and home and auto insurance
Competitive Annual Salary
Targeted Annual Bonus
Relocation assistance available for those who qualify.
Our company offers very competitive benefit plans, including:
401(k) plan that offers opportunity to save on pre- and post-tax basis up to 50 percent of eligible compensation. Company matches 100 percent of employee pre-tax/Roth (401k) contributions up to six percent
Comprehensive health- and welfare-benefits package
Eleven paid company holidays annually, plus a generous paid vacation plan based on length of service
Company-paid sick and personal days, funeral leave and jury duty leave
Confidential personal financial counseling service
On-site health clinics and fitness centers
A matching grants program that enables employees to direct and double their donations to qualifying charitable organizations of their choice
Health-care advocacy service
Volunteer service opportunities
Federal credit union membership through Allegacy Federal Credit Union
Extensive training opportunities
Reynolds American Inc. and its affiliated companies is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Our organization offers a level of challenge, responsibility and creativity for motivated employees that stands apart from the crowd.
We are also committed to employing a diverse workforce and valuing different perspectives, experiences and talents to maximize the company's potential for successfully achieving its business objectives.
Only applicants requiring reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process should contact us directly via email at TalentAcquisition@RJRT.com.
California Privacy Notice at https://raisc.sharefile.com/d-sfa52ad4e1ab4a57a
Nearest Major Market: Salem
Nearest Secondary Market: Winston
Job Segment: Operations Manager, Trainee, Manager, Engineer, Operations, Entry Level, Management, Engineering
Start apply with LinkedIn