Reynolds American Inc. (RAI) Senior Financial Analyst, Income Tax in Winston Salem, North Carolina
Senior Financial Analyst, Income Tax
Date:Nov 12, 2019
Location:Winston Salem, NC, US
Reynolds American Incorporated is positively transforming the tobacco industry. We’re a family of companies that strives for success in everything we do. The future inspires us because our people are igniting the breakthroughs that are redefining the ways adult tobacco consumers enjoy tobacco in the 21st century.
When other companies talk about growth, they only talk about size. At RAI, we focus on the growth of our people. We take pride in each other’s growth and well-being throughout our careers. We invest in your career and total well-being because we know our companies succeed when our people thrive.
At the RAI companies you’ll have the opportunity to work on iconic brands and revolutionary products by collaborating with visionary, principled and passionate people every day.
This position is within Reynolds American Services Company—a subsidiary that provides support services, including compliance, HR, law, finance, information management, and more to all of the subsidiaries of RAI.
TheSenior Financial Analyst, Income Taxwill report to the Senior Director, Income Tax and will be responsible for complex tax compliance, tax accounting and tax forecasting.
Accountabilities will be multi-dimensional and will range from forecasting, accounting, compliance, and dispute resolution across all entities included in the consolidated federal income tax return and state compliance obligations across all jurisdictions.
Principle Duties & Responsibilities:
• Prepare pro forma federal returns and consolidated federal income tax return
• Provide assistance with federal and state tax credits
• Prepare Forms FinCen 114 and Forms 1042
• Maintain W-8s
• Prepare Forms 1120F
• Prepare Forms 5472, 5471, and 8858
• Prepare earnings and profit calculations
• Prepare forecasts and provisions and associated accounting entries for domestic and or foreign entities
• Prepare separate company financial statements
• Prepare stand-alone and combined state income tax returns and related apportionment calculations
• Prepare responses to state notices
• Prepare other state and local reports and returns
• Prepare federal and state estimates and extensions
• Prepare Federal Form 1120-POL
• Prepare monthly tax forecasts and cash tax analysis
• Prepare quarterly analysis of deferred tax assets and liabilities
• Prepare cash tax analysis of payments and refunds
• Prepare quarterly analysis of federal and state income tax reserves and associated accounting entries
• Assist with federal and state income tax audits and special projects
• Perform regular recurring record retention requirements
• Responsible for performing internal controls related to SOX Compliance
• Prepare reports required for Controlled Foreign Reporting and Country by Country Reporting
• Continuously look for opportunities to streamline existing processes to promote organizational and operational efficiencies
• Monitor federal and state tax law changes and provide insight as to impact for all legal entities
Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance or related area
Master’s degree in accounting or related field and/or a CPA certification
Minimum of 4 to 5 years’ experience in preparation of corporate income tax returns
• Strong foundation in Federal and state corporate income tax concepts
• General understanding of ASC 740 – Accounting for Income Taxes
• Proficiency with Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Word
• Ability to thrive in a deadline-driven environment
• Desire to learn and grow professionally
• Experience with tax compliance software systems (CCH ProSystem or RIA OneSource)
• Experience with tax research tools (CCH Intelliconnect or RIA Checkpoint)
• Experience with SAP
Competitive Annual Salary
Targeted Annual Bonus
Relocation assistance available for those who qualify.
Our company offers very competitive compensation and benefit plans, including:
401(k) plan that offers opportunity to save on pre- and post-tax basis up to 50 percent of eligible compensation. Company matches 100 percent of employee pre-tax/Roth (401k) contributions up to six percent
Comprehensive health- and welfare-benefits package
Eleven paid company holidays annually, plus a generous paid vacation plan based on length of service
Company-paid sick and personal days, funeral leave and jury duty leave
Confidential personal financial counseling service
On-site health clinics and fitness centers
A matching grants program that enables employees to direct and double their donations to qualifying charitable organizations of their choice
Health-care advocacy service
Volunteer service opportunities
Federal credit union membership through Allegacy Federal Credit Union
Extensive training opportunities
ABOUT OUR ORGANIZATION:
Reynolds American Inc. is an indirect, wholly owned subsidiary of British American Tobacco p.l.c., and the U.S. parent company of R. J. Reynolds Tobacco Company; Santa Fe Natural Tobacco Company, Inc.; American Snuff Company, LLC; Niconovum USA, Inc.; Niconovum AB; R. J. Reynolds Vapor Company; Lorillard Licensing Company, LLC; and Reynolds Brands, Inc..
Reynolds American Inc. and its affiliated companies is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Our organization offers a level of challenge, responsibility and creativity for motivated employees that stands apart from the crowd.
We are also committed to employing a diverse workforce and valuing different perspectives, experiences and talents to maximize the company's potential for successfully achieving its business objectives.
Onlyapplicants requiring reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process should contact us directly.
Nearest Major Market:Winston-Salem
Apply now »